Baking Halloween gingerbread skeletons
Today’s post is all about homemade gingerbread skeletons perfect for a Halloween treats. I thoroughly had fun making for a Halloween photoshoot for not.corn!
Lots of love, Melissa x
350g of plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
125g of butter
175g of light soft brown sugar
1 free-range egg
4 tbsp golden syrup
Writing icing or chocolate pens
- Sieve together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon into a bowl. Add the butter and whisk together until it looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar with a spoon.
- Beat the egg and golden syrup together, add to the mixture and whisk together. Be careful it will start to clump together. Tip the dough out, knead briefly until smooth. Wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Roll the dough out to a 0.5cm thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using your gingerbread cutter, cut out the gingerbread men shapes and place on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them.
- Bake for 10 minutes making sure to check them as mine cooked really fast! Leave on the tray for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling. When cooled decorate with writing icing or white chocolate pens which I did!